Described by some as the industry event of the year, the BSH Brand Experience Centre, which features the bespoke Bosch, Siemens and Gaggenau brands, officially launched on 16 May in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Johannesburg, South Africa – Located in one of Johannesburg’s most popular design precincts – Kramerville – a Brand Experience Centre housing world class brands, Bosch, Siemens and Gaggenau demonstrated the commitment of BSH to the retailers of Johannesburg and Gauteng, said Enrico Hoffmann, Managing Director of BSH South Africa.
“The Brand Experience Centre does not only feature some of the top appliances from Germany but also focusses on innovation, design and culture which demonstrates each of the three brand’s unique offerings,” added Hoffmann. This is the second showroom that the group has opened this year, one in Cape Town and the second in Johannesburg, but Hoffmann confirmed that more state of the art showrooms will open nationally within the next year.
Ever sophisticated and former Miss South Africa, Melinda Bam, was the master of ceremonies for this distinguished red carpet event which was officially launched to the market’s various retailers and kitchen companies over two exclusive evenings.
Guests were taken on an interactive gastronomic journey as the Bosch, Siemens and Gaggenau brands were brought to life by some of South Africa’s most well-known Chefs, namely Marthinus Ferreira from DW eleven-13, Amy Butler and Matt Manning, private chef and creator of the One Ingredient Dining Experience. The evening included coffee, gin and wine pairing by the much reputable wine master, Heidi Rosenthal Duminy, boasting several accolades as judge and pairing expert of sparkling wines and champagne.
With cooking being an integral part of every home, each brand demonstrated a different sensory experience and the guests could enjoy, appreciate and understand the fine nuances of the Bosch, Siemens and Gaggenau brands:
For the past 130 years, Bosch has been synonymous with formidable technology and craftsmanship. Simple yet elegant appliances offer complete solutions for living with innovative designs to fulfil the unique need of unique consumers. True to the brand’s philosophy “Invented for life”, Bosch continues to offer consumers quality and perfect technology for a better life.
The Bosch experience focused on the brand’s new 8 Series ovens, which features unique baking sensors that will have you #CookLikeABosch.
Chef Amy Butler
- Amy Butler completed her HTA School of Culinary Arts In Service Diploma in 2015, finishing top of her class for all three years. She achieved top student in every subject and graduated with a platinum status.
- Amy confirms her many culinary talents by participating in competitions. She has achieved the Mc Cain Plate to win Finalist, Unilever Plate to win Invitation and Finalist and Unilever Chef of the Year Semi-Finalist 2015.
- Amy accomplished the HTA Chef of the Year invitation and finalist in 2017.
- Amy represents as a Demo chef at the Celebrity Chef Village, Grand Designs, Tiger Brands and Nestle Professional.
- Amy has been a part of The Food Design Agency team for five years, and as a result, holds the Senior Food Designer and Head of the National Research and Development projects position.
Chef Alexia Damianou
- Completed her City and Guilds International Diploma in Culinary Arts in 2016, where she attained a gold status as one of the top achievers at HTA School of Culinary Arts.
- Winner of the HTA legacy competition in 2016 and was named the City and Guilds Chef of the year for 2017.
- Alexia’s strength lies in her ever-growing knowledge of pastry, however, she is also passionate about hot kitchen.
- In 2016, Alexia was invited to the Alen Thong SIAL Competition in Dubai where she represented South Africa as a member of the South African Junior Chefs team.
- Alexia’s experience, skill and passion for cooking was further broadened by her time spent at The Saxon 500 Restaurant, The Hyatt Regency Rosebank, 54 on Bath in Rosebank and Nederburg private functions.
Siemens Home Appliances is the brand that provides its customers with a captivating product experience – a brand for the unexpected and exhilarating new opportunities in life. This brand contributes to the metropolitan lifestyle with architectural aesthetics and timeless design. In terms of technology, the brand’s focus on connectivity and flexibility has enabled them to become the worldwide market leader in innovation.
Siemens introduced guests to the future of cooking, using steam and induction, which exemplifies the innovation and fine design that Siemens represents.
Chef Matt Manning
- Matt Manning is an international Private Chef and creator of the One Ingredient dining experience.
- Matt perfected his trade in the kitchens of some of London’s finest restaurants, including the Michelin-starredPétrus and Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley (now called Marcus). Matt was fortunate enough to be afforded the opportunity to hone his skills under some of the best in the business, such as Gordon Ramsay, Marcus Wareing, Alyn Williams, James Knappet and Bryn Williams.
- In Cape Town, Matt conceptualised One Ingredient; an interactive monthly dinner experience that showcases the versatility of a single ingredient across five courses, where guests are given the opportunity to recreate Matt’s dishes for themselves.
- When not hosting his signature One Ingredient dinners, Matt occasionally partners with some of the Cape’s best wine farms to host bespoke fine dining events and is regularly invited to cook in the homes of local and international guests.
From the forge in the Black Forest to quintessential German engineering and craftsmanship for the private kitchen, Gaggenau was founded in 1683. After 334 years of crafting metal, Gaggenau has created something that transcends a brand: it is a culture. The Gaggenau values, which have remained constant since 1683, are an ongoing quest for authenticity and uncompromising quality. Synonymous with exclusive culinary culture, Gaggenau is not simply an appliance it is an experience recognised for its sophisticated lifestyle.
Gaggenau took guests on a historical journey showcasing four centuries of evolution and innovation. The culmination of the journey is Gaggenau’s future icon – the EB 333 oven – made almost entirely by hand. This oven was re-launched as a tribute to the brands 333rd anniversary which took place last year.
Chef Marthinus Ferreira
- Chef and Owner of DW eleven-13.
- Based in Johannesburg.
- Studied at the Institute of Culinary Arts in Stellenbosch.
- Chef in The Grazing Room, a modern tapas bar in Johannesburg.
- Worked at Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant at the Berkeley Hotel in the United Kingdom.
- Also worked with Heston Blumenthal at The Hinds Head and The Fat Duck in London, United Kingdom.
Wine Master Heidi Rosenthal Duminy
- Cape Wine Master and wine marketing and communications specialist recognised for her expertise in champagne and sparkling wine.
- Her passion for wine is infectious and she shares her vast knowledge and insights by writing and presenting wine tasting experiences as HeidiVine.
- She was formerly Group Communications manager for DGB, Brand Manager for Veuve Clicquot and Krug and Trade Marketing Manager of the LVMH portfolio of Champagnes and spirits.
- Currently, she is the Marketing Manager for Meridian Wine Merchants.
- Heidi judged for Old Mutual Classic Trophy wine competition in 2016 and 2017, has chaired Classic Wine Magazine’s Cap Classique panel and has judged sparkling wine for Veritas since 2011.
- Heidi lectures for the Cape Wine Academy and is a distinction graduate of the Michael Fridjhon Wine Judging Academy.
About BSH Home Appliances
With annual sales of around €13.1 billion in 2016 and more than 58 000 employees, BSH Hausgeräte GmbH is one of the global leaders in the home appliance sector. BSH manufacturers at around 40 factories, operates over 80 companies and has a presence in around 50 countries.
For more information about the BSH Group, feel free to visit their website | tel: 011 265 7800.